Attendance at Christ Church
There are 190 school days each year. Your child's name is recorded in a register twice every day, therefore your child will attend 380 sessions in a year to gain 100% attendance.
YOUR CHILD HAS 175 DAYS OFF SCHOOL EVERY YEAR.
At Christ Church Primary school, our target for the academic year 2018-19 is to reach a whole school average attendance percentage of 97% or over!
Who can I talk to if I have concerns about attendance?
Mrs Furno Head Teacher or Mr Hetherington- Deputy Head Teacher- 0191 2328054
90% attendance sounds good but means that your child misses on average:
- One half day every week.
- Nearly four weeks every school year.
- Over one school year in a school career.
- 2 weeks holiday in term time every year with no other absences means that your child:
- Can only ever achieve 95% attendance
- Will miss about two terms in a school career
FIVE TO NINE, BE ON TIME!
5 minutes late every day means missing about 3 days of school every year.
PLEASE COME IN AND SPEAK TO MR HETHERINGTON OR ANOTHER MEMBER OF STAFF IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT ISSUES RELATED TO ATTENDANCE OR PUNCTUALITY.
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS VIDEO!
AND IF YOU STILL THINK YOUR JOURNEY TO SCHOOL IS DIFFICULT!
How can I help my child to get the best out of school?
- Be aware of the impact of regular absences - missing school is missing out.
- Don’t let your child stay off for reasons like going shopping, birthdays, minding the house, looking after brothers and sisters.
- Try to avoid taking family holidays in term time.
- Try to make non-urgent medical and dental appointments out of school time.
- Be involved with your child’s education and school - ask questions.
- Build up good habits of punctuality and attendance.
- If your child recovers from illness before the end of the week, send them back to school even if it’s only for one day - every day counts.
Where can I get more information?
How do I contact the Attendance Service?
Area Attendance Officers can be contacted through your child's school or:
Phone: 0191 277 4500
Fax: 0191 277 4515
Newcastle Upon Tyne