Vision, Values and Mission Statement
Reach for the Stars – Living Life in all its fullness John10:10
Thriving on diversity and underpinned by Christian values, Christ Church is an inclusive school where everyone is welcome and valued. Our vision is to shepherd each other in a safe, loving environment, whilst building a solid foundation to encourage and inspire us to reach for our own star.
(The Lost Sheep Luke 15)
As a church school our foundations for living and learning are the life and teaching of Jesus Christ. The message of God’s love for all and the Christian values of respect, friendship, love, forgiveness, perseverance and trust are at the heart of all school life.
Respect Luke 10:25-37; Friendship Proverbs 17:17 and Samuel 1:18-19; Love Matthew 22:34-40; Forgiveness Luke 15:11-32; Perseverance Galatians 6:9 and Luke 18:1-8; Trust Genesis 7
*Our mission is to develop independent learners with active and creative minds whilst providing opportunities to reflect and ask some of the “big questions “of life.
* We put the wellbeing and spiritual development of our children first, enabling them all to flourish and be the best they can be.
* We help children to become confident and successful learners by discovering their gifts and talents. We appreciate hard work, encourage perseverance and resilience and celebrate achievement.
* We seek to engender the joy and wonder of learning by providing a creative and challenging curriculum using the local community and beyond which makes learning vivid, real, enjoyable and fun.
* We promote moral development, aspiration and hope. We provide opportunities for our children to engage in social action and be courageous advocates for change in our local, national and global communities.
* We develop social growth and an understanding and compassion for others. Through the practice of forgiveness and reconciliation we encourage good mental health to enable all to live well together.
* We create a school environment that embraces difference where all children are equal. We cherish ourselves and each other and form healthy relationships offering respect, kindness and dignity.
* We work as a team, listening to children, considering their views and their parents and involving them in decisions that affect them. We encourage partnerships with governors, parents, our local parish community and the diocese. We promote partnerships locally, nationally and globally in order to become active citizens, global champions and responsible stewards of our world.
School Vision Reach for the Stars - Living life in all its fullness John 10:10
Jesus said 'I have come that you may have life in all its fullness' (John 10:10). He calls us to a full life in mind, body, heart and spirit.
We believe the purpose of education is to nurture and enable every child to thrive and to be the person they are fully capable of being which includes serving others.
Life in all its fullness is about living a varied and full life full of learning, growing and caring for each other and the earth; a life that is full of joy, awe and wonder, fun, family and friends.
Life in all its fullness is a life lived for God and serving others.
Luke 15 1:7 The Parable of the Lost Sheep New International Version
15 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”
3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.